Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Walk in the Park!

Hello, I am Josette Trunnell.  I am a new design team member for Sweet Stamps.  I would like to share my first project with you.
If I am new to you or you are a Copic Fan, I invite you to stop by my blog for the first installment of my discussion regarding the choice of markers.  Or here is the link to the YouTube Video.  There is a second video link later in this posting as well.
YouTube Link for the first Copic Video

Here is my Card for today.
When I first saw this image, I had to have it!!!  Here is the link to the image:  Glam Girl: Heather



  I have a French Bulldog, her name is Pretty in Pink Tigerlilly, "Lilly" and she looks just a ferocious as the digital puppy. I wanted to create a card that showcased that little darling.  I needed to alter or adjust the image to get the Frenchie to be the focus.  That is what I love about Digital Stamps is that they are so versatile.

Original image
   

I pulled the image into photoshop and enlarged the image until I the Frenchie was the size I needed.  I made a decision about where to crop off Heather and colored her in, using the photo of my Lilly for inspiration, right down to those pink ears.   I used my paper choice to chose markers for Heather's clothing. 

This card is very simple to assemble once all the decision were made regarding paper and markers.
The size of the card was determined by the final colored image.  I needed to balance everything so that the finished project complemented the cropped image.  A square card fit the bill.
This is a 5.5 X 5.5 inch square card.  The base card is formed from a heavy white card base, 110#.  The papers are from a 6 X 6 inch pad, Dear Lizzie, by American Craft.

The actual coloring of the image is demonstrated on the following video.  

Hope you enjoy my first card.  I will be back next week with another Digi Creation from Sweet Stamps.
Happy Crafting,
Josette

Supplies and Links:
Supplies and digital image is available  at the Sweet Stamps Shop
Links for your convenience.

B:   0000,37,39,45,91
BG:0000
R:   05,24,59
RV:32,93
G:  00,12
YG:11
Y:   13,15,35
T:    01
W:   0.01,03,05,07,09
110
 

2 comments:

Gail said...

Very Lovely - congrats on your DT position!

Sandy Fredrick said...

So cute, I love how you used the digi of Heather and that the image matches your Lilly.