Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Haunted House and Graveyard


Here is a fun dimensional card I made using Piccolo Haunted House Accents and Haunted Graveyard Accents.  These are such fun sets for those crafters who love Halloween as I do!  This card will fold flat and measures 4.25 x 5.5 inches.  I used three different embossing enamels on this project:

House and Fencing - Vintage Black
Tombstones - Aged White (added a touch of Black Soot Distress ink)
Grass - Mossy Glen

For the Gnarly Tree, I used a combination of Burnt Umber and Mars Black 3D Enamel Gels.  I also used the Mars Black to create the steps leading up the hill.


For this pic you can see all the parts that create the scene.  You just make long rectangles any size you need, adhere them to the back and bottom of the card stock and they will fold forward when you close the card.  You just have to make sure your items are not too tall when closed.


I added a bit of yellow card stock behind the House to simulate candlelight.  And for the great background, I used the newly released Art Stencil Going Batty from Sweet Stamps.  I used painter's tape to mask off the bats I did not need and then applied Black Soot Distress ink.  I added a bit of distressing around the edges as well.  The Happy Halloween is from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I hope you enjoy my card,  I had great fun creating it.

2 comments:

Angi MakingMayhem said...

Love the little details! Those stairs are a great touch and the way the purple seems to illuminate the bats is perfect! Cool card!

Sandy Fredrick said...

This is awesome and so spooky. I love how the house sits on the hill and the steps leading to it. Awesome bats too!!