Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Introducing Lisa


We're beyond elated to welcome jeweler and mixed media artist Lisa Kettell to the Globecraft Memories team!




I’m a mixed media designer with several years of experience in various degrees of art and design. My book, Altered Art Circus, Quarry Books, is dedicated to my love of recycle, everything we see and own has an endless supply of uses, my job is to navigate one’s thought process into seeing this. One man’s trash is definitely one man’s treasure, a philosophy I engage in every aspect of my life including my store front, Piddlestixs, located in a turn of the century former theater where creating vignettes and displays is done on a budget through finds at thrift stores, rummage sales, curbside, dumpster diving and recycling. I am known as queen of the re-purpose process, and laugh over Sanford and Son.
My works have been published over 100 times worldwide, I am the creator behind the Lisa Kettell Designs Line, the Piddlestixs series of Magazines, and  how to videos.  I teach workshops in various locales from Museums to my store Piddlestixs, located in Lafayette, NJ, where I can create within my enchanted environment.



I'm an artist who believes in serendipity, accidental chances especially when it comes to my works. Some of the best pieces I created were out of a mistake or accident, nothing I do is plain or ordinary, you never know what is going to come out of my imagination when I take on a project, even I don't.



I'm a visionary who see's the gold in found objects, if its discarded or forgotten I'm going to love it and treasure it, and give it a new story, every piece I create tells a story based on some fact, some fiction and brought to life for all to enjoy. 



My approach to art is out of the norm, I pick an unusual theme, and just run with it, I never follow straight lines, I mix colors, patterns and materials. 



If you want to set your own style never copy another artist's style, be inspired by it, but find your niche which will separate you from the rest and make your work your own!

- Lisa

View more of Lisa's altered art and jewelry on her blog: http://faerieenchantment.blogspot.com We can't wait to experience all the gorgeousness that Lisa creates with us in the coming year!!


4 comments:

linda said...

Super projects! looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

faerie enchantment said...

I love this post, LOL! So excited! xoxo
Lisa :-)

Michelle said...

All I can say is wow......you have some awesome projects and I cannot wait to see what else you can come up with.

Stacy said...

WOW!!!! Amazing projects Lisa, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us here!!